Discover a range of 1981 Mako 228 repowered boats & yachts. Quality vessels and exceptional performance await. Browse now!
Mako 228 Repowered Boats Review and Specs
Manufacturer: Northside Marina
Max Mile Range:13,500
Straightforward fishing boat with many upgrades. The large-sized cockpit provides ample space. Comfortable seating is provided by the teak bench with cushions in front of the motor, which can be easily removed for fishing. The boat has been repowered with a remanufactured 1998 200 HP Evinrude OceanPro engine. Upgrades include new controls, hydraulic steering, hardtop, and new interior bunk cushions. It also comes with a new radio and a trailer.
Number of Engines
Please Add a comment before the calling of Mako Boats, we will inform your mail address to the owner of the boats. They will reach you by email or phone.
Explore full detailed information & find Mako 228 boats . ®️LuxuryYacht.com is the leading platform for buying and selling boats and yachts. All pictures have been captured and received from Manufacturers, and all information is updated.
For more related Mako Boats, please check below. We have a total of 82,000 models of Mako Boats on our website.
Repowering Your 1981 Mako 228
If you own a 1981 Mako 228 boat, you might be considering repowering it to enhance its performance and reliability. Repowering is a popular option among boat owners, and it involves replacing the existing engine with a newer and more efficient one. In this article, we will discuss the benefits of repowering and provide some tips to help you make an informed decision.
The Benefits of Repowering
1. Improved Performance: A new engine can significantly improve the performance of your 1981 Mako 228. It can provide more power, better acceleration, and higher top speeds, allowing you to enjoy a thrilling boating experience.
2. Increased Fuel Efficiency: Older engines tend to consume more fuel, leading to higher operating costs. Repowering with a modern engine can improve fuel efficiency, saving you money in the long run. Moreover, it reduces emissions, making your boat environmentally friendly.
3. Reliability and Durability: Over time, the original engine of your 1981 Mako 228 may start experiencing reliability issues. Repowering with a new engine ensures that your boat operates smoothly and reliably. Newer engines come with improved technology and better materials, guaranteeing durability and longevity.
4. Quieter Operation: Advances in engine technology have resulted in quieter engine operation. Repowering your boat can reduce noise levels, making your boating experience more enjoyable and peaceful.
5. Increased Resale Value: Repowering your 1981 Mako 228 can significantly enhance its resale value. Buyers are often attracted to boats with newer and more efficient engines, as they offer improved performance and reliability. Investing in repowering can yield a higher return on investment when it comes time to sell.
Tips for Repowering
1. Research Engine Options: Before repowering, research different engine options available for your 1981 Mako 228. Consider factors such as horsepower, fuel efficiency, maintenance requirements, and compatibility with your boat. Consult with professionals or boat dealers to help you make an informed decision.
2. Consider Professional Installation: Repowering involves significant work and technical expertise. It is advisable to have a professional marine mechanic or boatyard handle the installation. They have the necessary skills and knowledge to ensure the new engine is properly integrated into your boat.
3. Inspect and Upgrade Other Components: While repowering, it is a good opportunity to inspect and upgrade other components of your boat as well. Consider replacing worn-out parts, updating electronics, or improving the steering and control systems. This will enhance the overall performance and safety of your vessel.
4. Maintain Proper Documentation: Keep records of the repowering process, including invoices, warranties, and manuals. This documentation will be useful for future reference, servicing, and potential buyers.
5. Consider Future Needs: When selecting an engine, consider the future needs of your boating activities. Ensure it has enough power and features to accommodate any planned upgrades or changes you might make to your boat in the future.
Repowering your 1981 Mako 228 boat can provide numerous benefits, including improved performance, fuel efficiency, reliability, and resale value. Research different engine options, consider professional installation, and inspect other components of your boat during the repowering process. Keep proper documentation and consider your future needs. By following these tips, you can enhance your boating experience and enjoy your 1981 Mako 228 for years to come.